Aternity End User Experience and Application Performance Monitoring
The Business Challenge
With digital transformation, enterprise investment in cloud, mobile, and microservices architectures has increased the stakes for end user experience and application performance. Achieving business outcomes, like driving up revenue and customer satisfaction and reducing operational costs depends on ensuring an excellent digital experience for both customers and employees. To meet their business goals, enterprises need visibility into the performance of all applications—local, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, thick client, web or mobile— as well as visibility into the cloud-native infrastructure supporting them.
End-to-End Visibility and Big Data Insights with Aternity
Aternity provides the only unified End User Experience (EUE) and Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution that monitors the digital experience of every type of app in the enterprise portfolio, while maintaining the highest level of data quality at any scale. Aternity monitors and provides insights into end user experience for every local, cloud, web, or enterprise mobile app. Further, its proprietary technology captures and stores every user transaction, and its associated metadata, down to deep levels of user code, along with system metrics at 1-second intervals. This big data approach delivers the comprehensive visibility you need to quickly isolate and resolve issues, and immediately understand the impact on the business,and on your internal and external users.
Unlike other solutions that often sample transactions and roll up metrics into intervals of one minute or more, Aternity’s detailed reporting exposes and diagnoses even sporadic and intermittent problems, thereby eliminating guesswork when issues happen.
Assuring a Quality Digital Experience
Aternity provides the following capabilities:
• Zero configuration discovery, and out-of-the-box monitoring and analytics on customer and workforce end user experience, their devices, the applications they access, and the underlying physical and virtual infrastructure
• Monitor application performance from the point of consumption—the user’s device—as local, cloud, or enterprise mobile apps render on the screens of the devices on which they run
• Understand complex app dependencies, even in containerized cloud and microservices environments. Expose and fix even the most hard-to-detect code, SQL, system, or application infrastructure problems quickly.
• Use contextual log analysis to capture and stitch log data to every transaction for even greater user insight
• Simplify deployment and administration across your dynamic infrastructure, including data centers, IaaS, PaaS, and cloud/Kubernetes environments
Quantify the Impact of IT on Productivity, Revenue, and Customer Service
With Aternity, business and IT executives can measure the impact on end user experience of strategic, transformational IT projects, like cloud-native, mobility, and data center transformation, as well as more routine, tactical changes like Windows 10 migration and application upgrades.
• Validate the impact of change by analyzing end user experience before and after a change to infrastructure, applications, or devices to ensure the desired results are achieved
• Quantify the financial impact of app performance on user experience and top line revenue by analyzing every transaction made on business critical apps
• Determine where investment is needed most by analyzing IT performance relative to Experience Level Agreements (XLAs), by department or geography
• Analyze trends in app adoption across the enterprise to track the effectiveness of key strategic initiatives like cloud-native, mobile, and virtualization
Hold IT accountable to business results by establishing Experience Level Agreements (XLAs) that meet business expectations for response time, as seen by the end user, for the key business activities executed on any local, cloud, web, or mobile app, then measure each instance of every user’s execution of these activities relative to the XLA.
Proactively Identify and Resolve Issues from the User’s Device to the Back End
With Aternity, DevOps teams can proactively detect and analyze application incidents, and get full operational visibility into apps deployed on cloud-native platforms including Pivotal Platform, Red Hat OpenShift, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
• Upgrade your application performance monitoring to a big data practice with proprietary technology that scales to capturing billions of transactions a day without sacrificing data completeness.
• Trace transactions from the user through the backend, while automatically merging observability-based distributed tracing spans into transaction call trees.
• Reconstruct incidents in great detail to fix application issues. Aternity stores a record of every transaction along with 1-second metrics and detailed call trees including parameters, URLs, user information, and web service calls.
• Query and analyze across billions of transactions and high definition metrics. Use machine learning along with innovative visualizations to discover anomalies and draw business-relevant insights.
• Reduce cloud costs by optimizing app components that consume the most resources. Continuously monitor your dynamic infrastructure and address resource contention before users are impacted, including “noisy neighbor” and network-related issues.
Trace every transaction seamlessly, from the user device to the application backend, while exposing bottlenecks and errors in application code, SQL, system resources, containers and microservices, on and off the cloud. Immediately see the financial impact of the most time-consuming transactions.
Monitor the End User Experience of Any Local, Cloud, or Enterprise Mobile App
Aternity enables End User Services teams to troubleshoot end user issues quickly by automatically discovering every application in use in the enterprise and correlating application performance and health, as seen by the end user, to the performance and health of the device on which it runs.
• Validate user complaints automatically—no need for excessive user interrogation or stopwatch timing
• Troubleshoot in real-time and historically, non-invasively, without impacting the user’s productivity
• Isolate problems to the user’s device, the network, or the server to reduce finger-pointing
• Resolve issues quickly by drilling into device details to pinpoint device components causing the problem
Review all of a user’s applications running on any device, identify every business activity performed, track response time vs. baseline, as seen by the user, and use color-coded status to immediately validate complaints of poor application performance.